- Included in the excellent group, the highest grade, for 2 years in a row … recognized as the top-tier sustainability management company in Korea
- Its policy to introduce environment-friendly logistics trucks, its effort to respond to climate change by reducing plastics, etc, were highly rated
- Working hard to accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals … will lead the sustainability management activities of the logistics industry
CJ Logistics was recognized as the best sustainability management company in Korea by international society. CJ Logistics said on October 29 that it was included in the excellent group of ‘UN Sustainable Development Goals Business Index (SDGBI) 2020,’ announced by the Association for supporting the SDGs for the United Nations, for 2 consecutive years.
The Association for supporting the SDGs for the United Nations is known to have highly rated ▲ its policy to introduce environment-friendly logistics trucks, ▲ its response to climate change by reducing plastics, ▲ its enterprise-wide campaign to respond to global warming, and ▲its effort to protect low-income families and the underprivileged.
The SDGBI is an extension of the existing UN SDGs (UN Sustainable Development Goals) indicators. It evaluates the activities of a company on the basis of 4 areas, i.e. society, environment, economy and institutions, 12 criteria and 48 indicators. It has been announced since 2016, and it is a global Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)-based Corporate Sustainability Analysis Index, submitted as a written statement at the High-Level Segment (HLS) of the 2019 High-Level Political Forum (HLPF).
The 5th SDGBI was announced this year. It evaluated more than 1,000 domestic corporations. In particular, CJ Logistics was the only total logistics company to be included in the excellent group, the highest category, for 2 consecutive years. A total of 6 companies, i.e. SK, KAL, Ildong Pharmaceutical, Hyundai Home Shopping, Hyundai Engineering and CJ Logistics, are named in the excellent group.
“CJ Logistics is striving to accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals, adopted by the UN and international society,” said a company official. “As a global total logistics company, we will lead the sustainability management activities in the logistics industry.”
Earlier on October 14, CJ Logistics entered into the ‘No Plastic Initiative’ MOU for the dissemination of sustainability management and protection of the global environment with the association for supporting the SDGs for the United Nations and Art Impact, and decided to take the lead in the development of environment-friendly products through R&D. Also, CJ Logistics became the first Korea logistics company to acquire AA certification from ‘GRP,’ the eco-friendly guideline of international standards, and its eco-friendly logistics competency was recognized in last May. (The end)
- CJ Logistics originated from Chosun Rice Warehousing Co., Ltd. and Chosun Shipping Co., Ltd. established in 1930, which has become the largest total logistics company in Korea with a history of 90 years - 280 bases in 154 cities in 40 countries around the world … 76% of its employees are foreign employees -...
- Reading fairy tale books in foreign languages in the ‘Book-reading Foreign Language Village’ event… global employees also participated - Using the voice of a native speaker to produce YouTube videos for children’s education with the Local Senior Welfare Service Center in Seoul, Korea. - Us...
Settings for optimization in printing
* Internet Explorer should be set as below in [Print Preview].
1. Required items
- Please check that you can print the background graphics and images in [Seinttings]
- Please set Margins to 'None' or '0'
- Please set the scale of the screen to 65% (recommended)